Close to offer for sales position BK in process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close to offer for sales position BK in process

I filed CH7 in late September, am still in the process (341 next week) and interviewing with some fairly large companies for outside sales jobs in the IT industry. I am concerned about the outcome of background/credit checks that are done after the paper offers come in. Prior to the BK filing I had several charge offs, collections, a judgement and am in a Foreclosure suit. The time frame from default to BK filing was a little over a year. Prior to this I had good credit. What percentage of companies would rescind an offer if everything else checks out besides the recent financial issues. During 2009/2010, my pay was cut by 40% when commission quotas went up while customers bought less which left me with just enough money get by and none to pay creditors.

There is no real answer to your question regarding "what percentage of companies.....". The most I can answer is on this thread:

The company that ultimately hired me told me they placed more emphasis on the history prior to and leading up to the bk than the actual bk itself. Like you, I am in the middle of a bk, waiting for discharge, and got hired by a national financial and securities firm, so perhaps more scrutiny or credit sensitive than IT sales?
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Thank you Joe. I'm just going to keep my head up and do the best I can to move forward.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X